Dr. Anisa is a Licensed Psychologist in Minnesota and owner of Lakes Wellness Center.
- She earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Florida, Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology from the Georgia School of Professional Psychology in Atlanta, GA, and her Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology from the Florida School of Professional Psychology in Tampa, FL.
- Because of her passion for working with diverse populations, Dr. Anisa’s pre- and post-graduate trainings have been in the field of community mental health. She has experience treating anxiety, depression, addiction, and adjustment to life changes (divorce, death, relocation, trauma, etc.) in adolescents and adults of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Dr. Anisa provides holistic mental health and emphasizes the interconnectedness of the body, mind and spirit. She looks beyond traditional talk therapy, and connects with other alternative therapies to achieve optimal psychological functioning.
- Dr. Anisa believes that therapy offers a unique opportunity for intensive emotional and intellectual growth so that one can be better equipped to lead a more productive and fulfilling life. Within the context of a respectful, empathic, safe, and warm relationship at Lakes Wellness Center, an individual can begin to consider one’s life from a different point of view by attaching new meaning to his/her past, exploring new avenues for reaching life goals, and decreasing painful feelings such as sadness and anxiety through self-acceptance and an increased ability to cope with life’s stressors.
- She believes in the value of the therapeutic relationship and its influence in creating positive change.